Australia should partake in the global economy through fair trade that allows a level playing field for Australian workers and businesses.
Policy Methods (Federal)
To help achieve this Australia should:
- Prioritise mutually high environmental standards in all trade agreements.
- Prioritise compliance with strong human rights, labour and employment conditions in all trade agreements.
- Impose sustainability levies (related to the environment) and social levies (related to labour rights) on products from countries that don’t meet minimum requirements, and place import bans on relevant products from countries where breaches of environmental or human rights standards persist.
- Review all of Australia’s ‘Free Trade Agreements’, including the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, for Sustainable Australia policy compliance.
- Also see FOREIGN INVESTMENT policy.
Sign up to our eNewsletter today: CLICK HERE