Sustainable Australia | Policies
Established in 2010 from the political centre, we have a positive plan to secure an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable Australia.
To meet our aims, we have developed a comprehensive policy platform, detailed below.
This includes 10 policy priorities:
- Secure jobs in a more diverse economy, underpinned by small business
- Housing affordability for first home buyers and renters
- Environmental restoration with a renewable energy revolution and better protection of biodiversity
- More public transport to help ease road congestion
- A sustainable population with slower population growth*
- Saving our suburbs and towns from overdevelopment
- Affordable education with lower HECS-HELP and TAFE fees
- Better primary and preventative health care including diet and exercise
- Celebrating healthy ageing and recognising the contributions of older Australians
- Regional and rural revitalisation with fairer trade and Australian ownership of agricultural land
*Slower population growth would include lower immigration, from our current record annual permanent immigration program of around 200,000, back to the long term average of 70,000. This would help stabilise Australia's population through to 2050 at around 26-30 million. Australia's annual humanitarian intake of 14-20,000 refugees would be included in the 70,000 and so does not need to change.
Our policy priorities are detailed within our comprehensive policy platform below.
Issues outside of our comprehensive policy platform are addressed on merit, if elected.
Sustainable Australia (ACT) policies
We registered for the 2016 ACT election - and developed local ACT policies: CLICK HERE